Hello you! I've seen a few other bloggers attempt to list 50 random facts about themselves on their blogs or via YouTube so I thought seeing as I love to read these types of posts I'd give this a go myself! Here we go:
1. When you hear jokes about girls who talk on and on and on about their cats and their characteristics and how funny they are and how nice they smell and how soft the fur behind their ears is - that's me. I am so crazy about my three cats that sometimes I have to physically stop myself from creeping people out.
2. I can do a mexican wave with my tongue.
3. I am actually allergic to cats!
4. I turn 23 in 3 days!
5. Even though I love everything girly (make up, fashion, nails, handbags, heels etc) I am addicted to football! None of this Premier League pansy football - I have a season ticket for League 1's Doncaster Rovers and I go to every home match with my dad and my grandpa.
6. I don't drink very often. I haven't drank so far in 2013 because I've been doing the Cancer Research UK Dryathlon. But I don't usually drink unless it's a reunion with my old university friends or just one or two cocktails on a random evening. I actually hate the way it tastes and have had many bad experiences from being too drunk! A lot of people think I'm weird/boring for this but my liver is working fine and that's the way I like it.
7. I've never broken a single bone in my body. I know it's not very common for girls to have broken lots of bones but I was either very lucky, or very careful not to get into trouble when I was little!
8. I have the strangest phobia of vomit. I really hate the thought of being sick, and actually freak out when it happens. I can't even be around anyone else when they're being sick and as soon as someone says "I feel sick" I'm out of there like a flash!
9. My favourite place in the world is Paris. I know it's such a cliche but I have been obsessed with the city since I started learning how to speak French. My lovely boyfriend took me last September and I'm already wanting to go back.
10. I have grey hairs, a lot of them. Unfortunately I'm probably one of those people that will turn grey before they're 30. This is why I regularly dye my hair - this time I'm blonde for a change.
11. I have a degree! I studied Geography BSc at Sheffield Hallam University and got a 2:1 - very proud of that!
12. My best friend lives alllll the way up in Consett, near Durham but I'm dying for us to move closer to each other.
13. My boyfriend also lives all the way over the Pennines in Sandbach, Cheshire so a long train journey separates us. We see each other fortnightly and I miss him a lot when he's not here.
14. Everybody in my family works for the NHS. My mum, dad and sister are all nurses. I'm the odd one out - I work in an office.
15. My dream job is to become a primary school teacher.
16. I volunteer for the Girl Guides. I look after a group of Rainbows and they call me Miss Star.
17. I taught myself how to knit and, even though I've had a break from it recently, think it's one of the most addictive/relaxing past times ever!
18. I only own one designer handbag and that's my Mulberry Alexa. It's my favourite possession and I paid for it myself with my wage/Christmas money.
19. I'm named after both of my Grandmothers - Rachel and Amy. Although my mum decided to change the spelling of Rachel to Rachael.
20. I love peanut butter so much I eat it out of the jar with a spoon.
21. I can make my eyes point in different directions.
22. I am the worst singer you will ever hear in your life.
23. I only eat chicken, sausages and bacon. Any other meat makes me feel sick and I'll often pretend I'm a vegetarian when we go out for a carvery.
24. Ryan Gosling is my perfect man.
25. The Notebook, Clueless, Moulin Rouge and Chicago are my favourite films.
26. My favourite TV show is Grey's Anatomy and actually love the fact that every single episode can make me cry hysterically.
27. I love being at home. Nothing is more appealing to me than getting in to my pyjamas, getting in to bed and putting a film on or writing a blog post. The thought of going out sometimes makes me want to cry.
28. I am the messiest person ever. I can tidy my room completely and then half an hour later it will be disgustingly messy again.
29. I passed my driving test in March 2012 after I failed the first time in 2008. I stopped learning for 3 years. I now love driving and even feel comfortable driving on a motorway.
30. I'm painfully shy and awkward. When I'm on my own with people I don't know very well I struggle to find something to say, so I often sit there in silence just listening to everyone else.
31. I don't smile often and people often think I'm either grumpy or giving people evil looks. I swear I'm not, it's just my natural face!
32. If there's a 'Red Button' in the top corner of the TV I have to press the "Back Up" button to get rid of it.
33. I love receiving flowers but have only been sent them twice in my life.
34. I wear glasses and need them to see things far away. I don't actually like wearing them because I don't like the frames anymore!
35. I come from the same city that The Cribs come from. Although their accents are a little more extreme than mine.
36. I cry when I'm angry - which is not good when I'm having an argument!
37. I subscribe to the National Trust because they own some of the places I used to love visiting when I was younger and I want to show my boyfriend them.
38. My favourite place in the UK is a little village called Pateley Bridge.
39. I have 'twiddled' my hair since I first grew it and I can't stop. I even pull my hair out because it feels so comforting. I'm trying so hard to stop but don't even realise when I'm doing it.
40. People cracking their knuckles is the worst sound in the world.
41. People touching my neck freaks me out.
42. I feel naked unless I'm wearing a watch.
43. I have to turn The One Show over as soon as it starts - I actually despise that program!
44. I prefer Strictly Come Dancing to The X Factor.
45. I've had two poems published in two books - they are incredibly embarrassing.
46. When I was younger I was the best reader in my class at Primary School and I was picked to review children's books for Tesco.
47. I can fall asleep anywhere, any time of day. All I have to do is put my head down somewhere and minutes later I'll be dead to the world. I love sleep!
48. I am obsessive about spelling and (to an extent) grammar. I won't hesitate to correct people when they've misspelt a word. Yes I am THAT person.
49. I have a pale blue Fiat 500 and its license plate sort of spells out the word Smurf (by accident).
50. My family mean the whole world to me and I have no idea where I'd be today if they weren't here for me. I could never move too far away from my parents as I'd miss them too much!
Rachael Amy x